Wednesday, April 20, 2022

The Seven Steps for Interview Success Page 15

Sample Answer

"I need to learn to be more patient. I often do things myself just because I know I can do them faster and better. This trait sometime keeps me from delegating tasks effectively. But I am working on it. I am now spending more time showing other how to do the things I want done, and that has helped. They often do better than I expect because I am clear about explaining what I want."

Question #5: "What Sort of Pay Do You Expect to Receive?"

This question is designed to help the employer either eliminate you from consideration or save money at your expense. The employer wants you to name a number that can be compared to a figure the company has in mind. If your figure is too high, you will probably be knocked out of the running. If it's too low, you will make it nearly impossible to negotiate for a higher salary if you are offered the job.

Because you are not likely to get a firm job offer in a first interview, your objective should be to create a positive impression and not be rejected. If the topic of pay does come up, avoid getting nailed down. Here are some tings, you could say:

"Are you making a job offer?" (Corny, yes, but you just might be surprise at the result.)

"What salary range do you pay for positions with similar requirements?"

"I'm very interested in the position, and my salary would be negotiable."

"I prefer to hear more about the position before I can come up with a solid number."

Put off discussion of pay until you are sure it's the real thing and not just part of a screening process. See Step 7 for more information on how to talk money when the time is right.

< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 >

0 comments:

Post a Comment