Friday, May 20, 2022

Winning Answers to 500 Interview Questions - Page 6

11. What are your goals?

Why this question is being asked: The interviewer wants to know if your goals align with those of the organization.

Strategy: Focus on an "everybody wins" approach as opposed to only what you want. Be specific as to the items relevant to the industry that you would like to accomplish but avoid naming a specific job title.

Sample answer: I want to continue to contribute to a media organization in a meaningful way. My exact job title is not as important to me as the type of work that I would be doing. I know that if lean contribute positively, the company will benefit and we will all win in the end.

12. What is your dream job?

Why this question is being asked: The interviewer wants to know if your dreams and goals align with those of the organization.

Strategy: Focus on job duties relevant to the industry in which you are applying. Avoid naming a specific job title. Paint a realistic picture.

Sample answer: I look for the potential in most things, so any job that I've held has had pieces of a dream job to me. I understand that even the ideal job will have stress at certain times and various challenges, big and small, to overcome. For me the ideal job is when I can continue to contribute to a media organization in a meaningful, progressively responsible way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment