Thursday, May 26, 2022

Winning Answers to 500 Interview Questions - Page 11

21. What is your greatest achievement outside of work?

Why this question is being asked: The employer wants to understand who you are as a person outside of a job setting.

Strategy: Focus on an achievement that demonstrate experiences, skills or abilities that was performed outside of the job.

Sample answer: I've been volunteering for an organization called Building Homes for the Homeless since 1999. At first, I was just a helper when we went into a town and helped to actually build a home. I've worked my way up and I'm now the team leader. It's a great feeling to successfully lead others in volunteering their time for such a worthy cause.

22. Tell me one thing about yourself you wouldn't want me to know.

Why this question is being asked: The interviewer wants to know how you'll handle a question that you did not anticipate and what you'll say that you may not have planned to.

Strategy: Don't provide an actual weakness about yourself. Provide something that you may not have really said otherwise but makes you seem like a stronger candidate.

Sample answer: Well to be honest, I've actually been following this company for a long time. I'm a fan of your work. I know that you aren't looking to hire someone that is just a fan but is also a great fit and employee and I think that I'm an excellent balance between the two.

23. What is your favorite memory from your teenage years?

Why this question is being asked: The employer wants to understand more of who you are as a person.

Strategy: Provide something that shows your good character and would be applicable to making you a better professional.

Sample answer: My favorite memory was watching my sister graduate from high school. She struggled with her math classes and she wasn't sure she was going to be able to pass. I tutored her and she became more confident. A few months later, my sister made a copy of her diploma and gave it to me with a note of thanks

0 comments:

Post a Comment