Friday, June 3, 2022

Winning Answer to 500 Interview Questions - Page 28

80. What was the most traumatic experience to happen in your personal life?

Why this question is being asked: The interviewer wants to understand how you manage when times are difficult.

Strategy: Provide an experience that was difficult (such as the passing of a grandparent) without getting too personal. Focus your answer on how you dealt with the experience and were able to continue on with your life.

Sample answer: Thankfully, I haven't experienced a traumatic event that would fall outside of the regular circle of life. I was very close to my grandmother growing up and when she passed when I was 13, it was certainly difficult. It came at a time when I was transitioning from childhood to my teenage years and thinking of her helped to serve as a moral compass for me. As I had to make difficult decisions, I would often think about what she would do in a similar situation and it made choices clearer for me.

81. When you go on vacation, when do you pack your suitcase?

Why this question is being asked: The interviewer wants to understand what type of planner you are.

Strategy: Avoid a brief answer such as the night before, a day before or a week before. Explain when you pack and why in a logical manner.

Sample answer: I definitely don't wait to do everything until the night before. I think about what I will need during the trip and what I want to use before I go. About a week before, I put in items that I know I won't need that week, such as my bathing suit if it is still winter in New York, but that I will use in Florida. I gather some of the clothes I plan to use but then I watch the weather forecast, just to make sure that it would be the best choice. The night before, I put in my essential items.

82. What do you consider yourself good at doing?

Why this question is being asked: The interviewer is trying to understand your greatest strengths as well as your confidence level.

Strategy: Provide examples of your abilities that would be relevant to your job. Focus on some things that you may not have been great at but you worked hard to improve.

Sample answer: I think l am a natural at listening to people and providing helpful advice. Other aspects of what lam good at didn't come easy, as I worked hard to learn them but now I think I am quite strong. Those skills include my spreadsheet knowledge, creating presentations and report writing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment