Friday, June 24, 2022

Winning Answer to 500 Interview Questions - Page 29

83. On what do you spend your disposable income?

Why this question is being asked: The interviewer wants to know if you make sound decisions.

Strategy: Include information about some practical decisions that you make such as savings, investment and a college fund.

Sample answer: I put a certain percentage aside for a rainy day, put some towards investments and my daughter's college fund. I do take some time to relax and go out to restaurants and see a basketball game on occasion.

84. What's the most important thing you've learned in life?

Why this question is being asked: The interviewer wants to understand a part of what made you the person that you are. Strategy: Provide an important lesson learned, how you came about learning it and why it is relevant to the job you are applying for.

Sample answer: No matter what situation you are in, you have to be true to your values. During my first week of a new job, I was asked to fabricate some records on behalf of the company. As I was counting on this job to support my family and solidify myself in the field, I began to do what I was told. I couldn't sleep and was stressed out about having to do this. I realized that it didn't fit my values no matter what the consequences. Thankfully, the company respected my wishes and I didn't have to participate in doing something like that. It reinforced for me that I would never do something that didn't fit my values, no matter what.

85. What is your greatest fear?

Why this question is being asked: The interviewer wants to gain greater insight into your personality.

Strategy: Explain the reason that you have a certain professional fear and how it relates to your job.

Sample answer: Professionally, it would be someone thinking that I am not doing my best. I have a very strong professional work ethic and give it all I have. I would be disappointed if someone put their trust in me and felt I was not doing my best.

0 comments:

Post a Comment