Friday, June 3, 2022

Winning Answer to 500 Interview Questions - Page 25

62. How has your job affected your lifestyle?

Why this question is being asked: The interviewer would like to understand how you balance your professional and personal life.

Strategy: Provide examples that demonstrate your strong work ethic and ability to maintain a balance between your personal and professional lives.

Sample answer: Family life is my number one priority, but it has to be balanced around a job. If I am not doing my job and creating a financially sustainable lifestyle for myself and my family, than it would be hard to concentrate on anything else. I don't think of it as my job affecting my lifestyle but more of a balancing of the two. If my job requires me to stay longer at the office certain days, I'll find the opportunity to spend more time with my family that weekend or wake up earlier in the morning.

63. What was the most useful criticism you received?

Why this question is being asked: The interviewer wants to understand how well you take constructive criticism and what you learned from it.

Strategy: Provide an example of criticism someone gave you that is relevant to the job you are applying for. Make it clear what you learned from the experience.

Sample answer: When I was in college, I had planned to go into the live events marketing field for my career. In an interview for a summer internship, the director suggested that I reconsider my interest in the field as I would have to commit many evenings, weekend and travel to the position. In considering what I wanted from a career, I refocused my efforts towards brand marketing, and that has been a much better fit.

64. Cite an example from your personal life when you were dishonest to someone?

Why this question is being asked: The interviewer would like to get a better sense of your moral character.

Strategy: Admit that you have lied before but provide an explanation that is manageable or why it might have been the right thing to do.

Sample answer: A longtime friend made a mistake at -work and was fired. He wanted to know if it would hurt his ability to find a job. I knew that it would but his confidence was shot and he was feeling bad for letting down his family. So I lied and told him that it probably would not hurt his chances.

0 comments:

Post a Comment